A top science question the candidates for president should answer is:

How much longer are we going to stand for ID/creation nonsense to challenge evolution in public schools?

How much longer are we going to stand for ID/creation nonsense to challenge evolution in public schools?

249 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MarkMark shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DaveDave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This question is far too biased to ask a presidential candidate, and also the issue is out of their control. We could ask them what their view is on the teaching of ID in public schools.

• SamSam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This question strikes me as ambiguous. What do you mean by "challenge"? After all, it's already impermissible to teach ID/creation in public schools, so in a sense, the "challenge" has already been met, and there's nothing more to do. But if, by "challenge," you mean we should silence those who advocate for ID/creation in public schools, well I think the last thing we need to do in a free society is to silence opposition.

• Robert J. KolkerRobert J. Kolker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't stand for it. The folks in Dove PA voted out the school board that introduced Intelligent Design. A court case further put a spike in it. Do you propose violating the First Amendment and regulate churches????

Feedback and Knowledge Base