2016 Presidential Science, Tech, Health, and Environmental Forum

What are the top science, tech, health, and environmental questions the candidates for president should answer?

INSTRUCTIONS:
A) Be sure to vote on existing questions.
B) Address your question to the candidates and ask about their policy positions. Don’t ask rhetorical questions. Ask your question in summary form (your “headline” question), then a new window will open up, where you should:
C) Provide more detail in a 2-part format:
1) Declarative statement (1-2 sentences max) describing the situation and context, followed by
2) Question (1 sentence) asking what they will do about it if elected.

FOLLOW THIS EXAMPLE FROM 2012:
What priority will you give to funding scientific research?
Federally funded research has helped to produce America’s major postwar economies and to ensure our national security, but today the UK, Singapore, China, and Korea are making competitive investments in research. Given that the next Congress will face spending constraints, what priority would you give to investment in research in your upcoming budgets?

A top science question the candidates for president should answer is:

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. What steps should the United States take to protect our population from emerging diseases?

Recent events show how diseases like Ebola can spread rapidly, and experiments have shown how Avian flu may become transmissible among mammals. In an era of constant and rapid international travel, what steps should the United States take to protect our population from emerging diseases, global pandemics and/or deliberate biological attacks while protecting civil liberties?

26 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Biosecurity & Pandemics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • How would you address antibiotic resistance created in wastewater treatment facilities?

Wastewater treatment plants inadvertently produce multi-antibiotic resistant bacteria and their resistant genes. What would you do about this threat to Public Health?

12 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Biosecurity & Pandemics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • How do you plan to work with the CDC to prevent the spread of Zika virus and its associated diseases?

Zika virus is widespread in Brazil, is spread by mosquitoes, and may soon arrive in the U.S. It is not proven yet (as of March 2016), but Zika virus may be causing microcephaly in newborns (small brain size), Guillain-Barre disease (temporary paralysis), and other diseases. Do plan to support basic research and CDC efforts to fight the Zika virus, slow its spread, develop a vaccine, and mitigate consequences of infections?

11 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Biosecurity & Pandemics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Suprised folks not freaked by bio terror warfare....shocker.

I know. DONT open that can of worms. Leave it to FOX FIENDS FRIENDS to ponder. SURE rest of politicos will...

2 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base