2016 Presidential Science, Tech, Health, and Environmental Forum

What are the top science, tech, health, and environmental questions the candidates for president should answer?

INSTRUCTIONS:
A) Be sure to vote on existing questions.
B) Address your question to the candidates and ask about their policy positions. Don’t ask rhetorical questions. Ask your question in summary form (your “headline” question), then a new window will open up, where you should:
C) Provide more detail in a 2-part format:
1) Declarative statement (1-2 sentences max) describing the situation and context, followed by
2) Question (1 sentence) asking what they will do about it if elected.

FOLLOW THIS EXAMPLE FROM 2012:
What priority will you give to funding scientific research?
Federally funded research has helped to produce America’s major postwar economies and to ensure our national security, but today the UK, Singapore, China, and Korea are making competitive investments in research. Given that the next Congress will face spending constraints, what priority would you give to investment in research in your upcoming budgets?

A top science question the candidates for president should answer is:

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. What actions would you support to enforce vaccinations in the interest of public health, and when should exemptions be allowed?

Vaccination and public health. Vaccination campaigns against preventable diseases such as measles, polio and whooping cough depend on widespread participation to be effective, but in some communities vaccination rates have fallen off sharply. What actions would you support to enforce vaccinations in the interest of public health, and in what circumstances should exemptions be allowed?

56 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Vaccination  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Where do you stand on forced medical mandates against the wishes of parents?

I'm sick and tired of politicians who want less gov't intrusion into our daily rights and then time after time they want to restrict our rights to do as we want with our own and our children's bodies. If they can't prove that vaccines are safe then we should be allowed to use "informed consent" if they are so safe why have billions been paid out to vaccine injured families? I'm also against forced chemo for children if the parents decide they want a better route. Over 185,000 people die every year taking prescription drugs as prescribed, so they have…

13 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Will you consider removing the protection of Big Pharma vaccines, that do not allow victims of vaccines to sue the drug companies.

At the moment, arbitrage is the only option, not with drug corporations, but with our gov., which has paid out 3 billion to date, with taxpayer funding! Most people don't have the money it takes for years of lawyers to get the compensation for vaccine tragedies. I will be 81 in a few weeks, no vaccines, no meds. I am still standing and so can future generations without mercury, aluminum and now chlorine preservatives shot into our new born and adult bodies, with a schedule from birth to age 75! All this driven by manufactured fear for profit, and damned…

2 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base