A top science question the candidates for president should answer is:

What role would nuclear power play in your efforts and energy policies to curb greenhouse gases?

Nuclear power has been safely used for over 50 years. Our navy travels around the globe powered by nuclear energy. It is, on a W generated basis, the safest form of energy we used. Newer generation reactors are safer. Small nuclear reactors could be placed locally, and we could avoid billions of dollars on grid upgrades and transmission lines. What role would nuclear power play in your efforts and energy policies to curb greenhouse gases?

39 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

John NJohn N shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

NU SCALE POWER systems.... in TODAYs fluid economy,etc. NOT even sure HUGE utilities should be pouring big efforts into such HUGE FIXED cost plants...THINGS change. WHAT was a hot growth area can experience expat out or slow growth. Yeah IS a interconnected grid. SURE make $ passing on transport cost. HOWEVER.... tooo much of THAT and kills the goose that lays golden egg in 11 or 111 different ways and THEY know that too...aint fools.

QUITE frankly a H of a safer system.... John N is saying what I am saying... I just happened to mention a Name. IF I was one of the "Names" I would be afraid w/all the uproar and other stuff TODAYS 'order' can go PUFF. Bankrutpcies,mergers, area goes downhill ( land littered w/HOW many dead factories or ex mills or whatever...and that excess power sure aint all that much needed to power some small strip shopping center),etc.etc.

Feedback and Knowledge Base