A top science question the candidates for president should answer is:

What is your position on Safe and Renewable Nuclear Energy to replace current technology, the Liquid Salt Thorium Reactor?

What is your position on Safe and Renewable Nuclear Energy to replace current technology, the Liquid Salt Thorium Reactor?
The Thorium fuel cycle is used to produce NON-Proliferation nuclear fuel and little waste product. And the China Syndrome we see in liquid water (current tech) does NOT exist. Thorium is plentiful, therefore fuel costs should be very low. NO more high reprocessing and/or storage cost. No more 3 Mile Island, Chernobyl or Fukushima potential disasters. This is a no brainer. I know the GE's and Westinghouse's don't want to loose the high cost construction and reprocessing/fuel business BUT this is a much safer tech, much cheaper to design and construct due to the negative reactivity component.

7 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jerry SchullJerry Schull shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

FEDS are gonna lean like H on REPROCESSORS.....even THEN a dicey game. SURE paid NOT to process but could be wrong. SURE FEDS, other wont release THAT data....

Feedback and Knowledge Base