What impacts have you seen or concerns have you voiced over science under president Trump?

Cultural War

Our country is in a cultural war in which the know somethings are at war with the know nothings. The problem is that it takes great effort and investment for the know somethings to create something worthwhile but it takes little time and effort at all for a know nothing to destroy what the know somethings create. And the destruction will last a very long time.

For example, we were making magnificent progress in eliminating obsolete fossil fuels as a source of energy but now the project to completely eliminate fossil fuels will be set back several centuries by the simple election of Trump

7 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

williamwilliam shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Robert BenedettiRobert Benedetti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am hoping that Trump does what Obama didn't, promote Nuclear Power which is making us on of lower CO2 producer per GNP. If you are waiting for solar and wind to supply all our energy need think again. Solar plane, truck, tractors etc etc. But all of our electrical energy can be Nuclear. think of this, if every car in the US was electric powered our electrical production would have to double. You will never do that with wind and solar. And please don't bring up the dangers of Nuclear Power, no one has died from nuclear power reactors while 250,000 people die form doctor and hospital malpractice.

• Ronnie EspoltRonnie Espolt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has not appeared to be a science debate, but more of a forum of argumentation. One point in example, twice I have seen stated the increased use of coal will set the work done by EPA "back several centuries". Let us see a century is 100 years and several is considered to be three or more. So I come to a date of 1716, if my math is wrong please correct me. With technology available today coal can be used in some settings. A total ban is unwise when you take into account all environmental costs associated with other forms of energy. Also BLM is mention several times as if they are the protector of the enviroment. Once again many are confused as to that agencies purpose. BLM was formed to manage the resources of land in the USA. This would cover area such as mining, logging, cattle grazing. With each administration appointments are made to directors of these types of agencies, changing the tone but not the purpose. The BLM needs a house cleaning of personnel as recent history has shown them to obstruct uses instead of manage use in a environmentally sustainable manner. Many have responded in a blinded thought process. Please remember this as you set in your warm heated home, made of concrete mined in California. Sitting under your wood roof. Driving your steel car, burning fuels. Eating a meal. Until you walk everywhere, weave your own cloth and grow your own food. Don't say we are being set back three hundred years.

Feedback and Knowledge Base